Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Another Easy Oven Baked Pasta

Saturday was a very good day. I have to say, I was busy in the garden all day, disassembling wooden pallets and reassembling them into vegetable raised beds. The result is that I planted, with the help of my son, a lot of different things, including potatoes, parsley, strawberries, peppers, spinach, aubergines...


It was a lot of fun to be outside despite the Irish clouds who never leave us alone! It was about 11.30 am when I started thinking that lunchtime was coming and I had two starving men to feed. So then, the new idea: Oven Baked Pasta and Potatoes. It sounds strange, I know, to mix those two basic starches and eat them together, but I think it is very nutritious and so, so tasty!


Ingredients:


4 small Potatoes, peeled
300 grams of Pasta (I had a few packets open, with very little left in them and they had about the same cooking time, so I could recover those!!!)
Ham or Pancetta chunks
Fresh Cream
Olive Oil
Parmesan Cheese
Salt






Peel the potatoes and cut them in pieces that are not too small. Place them in plenty of water in a fairly large pot and bring them to boil with a bit of salt. Start heating the oven at about 150 degrees Celsius.


Next, slice up your choice of ham or pancetta, or leave it out and instead use peas or mushrooms. In a frying pan, place the olive oil and the ham and let them cook for a few minutes.


In the other pot, once the water is boiling, add your pasta to the potatoes and cook until edible but not soft, drain all together and then throw potatoes and pasta in the frying pan.






Mix everything up a bit adding the fresh cream and then empty in the baking dish. Grate some Parmesan cheese on top of it and just stick it in the oven for about 20 minutes.






While the pasta was in the oven, I returned to the garden work. At 12.30 we were seated at the table and eating!



As I said above, to make this a vegetarian dish, substitute the ham with peas or mushrooms. Or both. The result is guaranteed!

No comments:

Post a Comment