Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Naan Bread Made Easy

I confess I discovered Naan Bread only a few years ago, when I moved to Ireland. I had never seen Naan before. The thing is, I like it!
So, Saturday I decided to "bake" some at home. Naan does not require an oven, so it is really a great option for anyone wanting to taste some fresh bread without the hassle of actually baking.


Ingredients:


400 Grams of Greek Yogurt
5 Cups of Flour
1 sachet of Yeast
1/2 Cup of Water
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon of Coriander (powder)
Salt to taste


I boiled the water and placed it in a cup, on top of the coriander powder and set it aside.
I placed the yogurt in a large bowl with the yeast and the water and coriander mixture.
I added 1 and 1/2 cup of flou to the bowl and let it settle, covered, for 30 minutes.
Afterwards, I added the salt, the olive oil and the rest of the flour, kneaded everything to make sure the dough is uniform and let it rest for over an hour.






In the end, the dough raised, I made 8 flat breads and, using a culinary brush, coated them on one side with some olive oil and placed them in the non stick pan on medium heat.


And this is the result in the end:
On the Naans, I put some cherry tomatoes, some mozzarella and fresh basil. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment