Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lemony Risotto

Yesterday my husband had an upset stomach. The poor thing!
He ate too much on Tuesday night; we were at a friend's house for an improvised dinner.
Anyway, yesterday morning he asked for risotto to heal his sick belly, and by accident, just surfing the internet, I came across a recipe for Lemon Risotto.
Now, I must say, the recipe was quite complicated, it called for eggs, butter, thyme and other things I did not have ready at home. So I modified it "on the go" while cooking it last night.
I wanted to keep it simple, extremely simple. To heal my sweetheart :)


Ingredients:


2 Lemons, their grated skin and their juice
1 Cup of Rice for each of us
Olive Oil
Salt
1 Small Onion
1.5 litre of vegetable stock


I have no pictures for this recipe, as it went so fast on the hob and on the table, I did not take any pictures.


So, first thing first: softening the onion, finely chopped, in the olive oil, in a large frying pan. I put it on extremely low heat, so I had time to prepare the other ingredients.
I boiled 1.5 litres of water and poured it in a bowl where I had "pulverized" a vegetable stock cube.
I grated the lemons' skins and set aside. I juiced the lemons and set aside.


As soon as the onion is soft, but still white in color, I threw in some rock salt, half of the lemon zest and half of the lemon juice.


At this point, I put in the rice, and let it toast for about 2 minutes, stirring continuously to make sure all the grains would have a chance to come in close contact with the other ingredients.


With a ladle, I added the vegetable stock bit by bit, stirring and making sure the rice was never dry.


When the rice was almost ready, I poured in the rest of the lemon juice and lemon zest.


I let it stay on the hob for another couple of minutes and served.


My son was very impressed, my husband was very impressed. I impressed myself too! Really easy, really inexpensive and really healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment