Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Curried Beans and Potatoes

With my great satisfaction, last night I dug up our potatoes. The investment was definitely worth it: this is what I got out of only 3 not-so-good-looking potatoes I buried in March.


 There are also peas and I'm very happy about those as well. I am slowly picking them day by day and adding to the freezer bag :)


Now, last night, I was so proud of my produce I had to eat some of it. I already had soaked a handful of Borlotti beans on Saturday, so they needed to be used as well. Fine, here is what I put together last night for dinner while also knitting and watching the last bits of a movie:


Ingredients:


A handful of Borlotti beans, soaked or out of the can
3 Potatoes
Curry Powder (mine was mild)
Straight to Wok noodles (mine were Udon)
A garlic clove if you like
Water




Place all the beans and the potatoes, washed and cut in cubes, in the pan with some olive oil and the garlic clove. Sprinkle with salt and curry powder. Let fry a bit then add some water


Let cook on moderate heat for at least 30 minutes, the beans take a while to cook properly, especially the soaked ones. The ones from the can will cook way faster, so keep an eye on them to make sure they don't over cook.


Keep adding curry powder and salt to taste, this is not rocket science so it depends how you prefer it.


Once the beans and the potatoes are ready, add the noodles, let them cook according to the instructions and serve.


So fulfilling, so easy and fast and no animal proteins in sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment