Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Vegetable Garden Risotto

Yesterday afternoon, upon returning home, I found my little one still napping.
The perfect occasion to have a nice, quiet tour of my vegetable garden, look at the buds, the flowers, the well being of my newly planted basil...

I was delighted to see a lot of new basil "babies", peeking out of the soil for the first time!

Then I collected a lot of spinach leaves, swiss chard leaves and about 4 or 5 broccoli-rape tops:


These are delicious blanched and then fried with garlic, just like my mother does, but I don't have enough to do that.
So I added them to the spinach and swiss chard leaves and came up with this fantastic Green Risotto!


Soften half an onion in a small bit of olive oil, add a clove of garlic, chopped very tiny, and then, throw in your greens!

I used the swiss chard leaves, the spinach leaves and the broccoli-rape tops.

After less than a minute, add enough water to cover the veggies:

Salt to taste and let simmer for as long as you wish.

Once you're almost ready to eat, blend everything, as if there's no tomorrow!

Then throw in your risotto rice and, just a minute before completion, throw in some goat cheese:



It was a very tiny piece I had in the fridge, our good friend Alex brought that around some days ago.

Cook for another minute, turn once and serve:

The cheese will melt very quickly, that's why you want to add it at the end.

It was really yummy, and I was very pleased and proud to cook my own veggies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment