Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Bread Beautiful...

This is nice: I managed to make one of those flat loafs of bread we can buy here in Ireland which are half way between a focaccia and an actual bread loaf.

The recipe is simple:

800 Grams of Flour
450 ml of Water
90 ml of Olive Oil
2 Teaspoons of Salt
7 Grams of Yeast
1 Tomato
Basil, either dried or fresh

I placed everything, except the tomato and the basil, in the bread machine. If you don't have a bread machine, knead by hand.

This is the dough I got:


I placed it on my (best friend) and gave it a shape.


Then I have transferred it on the baking sheet, brushed with olive oil and slices of tomato, sprinkled with dried basil:


This was at 11 am. I have put it in the cold oven, and by the time I got back home last night it had trebled in size.

So at 8 pm, I switched on the oven to 220 degrees Celsius and waited until it was nice and crusty.

And here it is, splendid!


This morning my husband demanded a panini for work :)

This recipe is easy to replicate and shows that bread needs patience and time...

No comments:

Post a Comment